Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

I really liked my interview experience. Although, not real, it still made me a little nervous and showed me how I would probably react under the pressure of a real interview. Honestly, the only thing that calmed me down was reminding myself that it wasn't for a job, haha. If it were a real interview I'm sure I would have to keep telling myself that it wasn't the only one out there and try to focus on the job itself, rather than the nerve-wracking interrogation process.I was definitely thrown when I was asked what I felt my biggest accomplishment was at this point in my life. I haven't really given it much thought, and honestly, couldn't come up with anything on the fly because I don't have too many great accomplishments. I'm working on new teams and am involved in more organizations now than prior to the interview, so hopefully by the time I graduate and look for a real job, I will have something to brag about.

If I could redo the interview, I would come up with some better questions to ask at the end. I wasn't really prepared to ask questions about the 'company' that was being represented in the interview.

I learned a lot about how I respond and how I function under pressure. I learned that I need to prepare/study a lot more for a real job because if I had a little difficulty in a mock interview, then a real one would probably not have gone over too great.

No comments: